Many of You Have Asked : “Where is Glenna Earle?? 2016 11 24.

I thought Glenna would apprecited this pic, AS DAVID TOO, has been missed!!

I thought Glenna would appreciate this pic, AS DAVID TOO, has been missed!!

Stan Speaks: Glenna Earle has been conspicuous by reason of her absence as the 2016-2017 Season rolls on.  Glenna is a devoted member of the Zephyrhills Club and accordingly her absence was critical to them.  Accordingly, Club Member Earl Ball contacted David and Glenna and received Glenna’s approval to post the following information.  I should add, Glenna is a significant contributor to The Shuffler.

Glenna Speaks:  “I have been delayed this winter due to an abnormal mammogram in Oct, leading to a series of tests which revealed that I have breast cancer. As most people know, the Canadian health system is excellent but not fast!  Need a couple more tests prior to surgery. The treatment regimen required will dictate how long we will be here enjoying the beautiful joys of winter. Had to buy snow tires for the first time in 15 years!!!

Thanks to all who have been in touch for your support.   I hope to see everyone before the winter ends.  Glenna. “

Jim Allen Presents "The Golden Cue" >> OR IS IT?  Click to expand.

Jim Allen Presents “The Golden Cue” >> OR IS IT? Click to expand.

Earl Speaks:  We all know of Glenna’s achievements on the courts.  Back to back Golden Cues, several “Halls of Fame”, World traveler to promote Shuffleboard but we know of her as a leader in Zephyrhills.  She gives lessons to large groups of beginners, she entertains at all events, she speaks up for our women and for that matter all our shufflers, she writes stores, covers events.  Probably even more important is that she smiles and laughs and makes everyone feel welcome!

Glenna, you mean so much to all of us; we hope for a speedy, full recovery and can’t wait to get you back!

Earl >>  For All Shufflers in Florida and her “International Shuffler Friends”!

Glenna’s email  gkearle@hotmail.com  Phone: 902 826 7734

This entry was posted in GENERAL, SPECIAL EVENTS. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Many of You Have Asked : “Where is Glenna Earle?? 2016 11 24.

1. Sandi Quinn says:

Our prayers are with you Glenna! Sandi & Stan

2. Glenna & David Earle says:

Thank you very much Stan and Earl for your kind comments and for sharing this yucky news with everyone. It is so wonderful to hear from so many of our great shuffleboard friends. Many have gone through similar encounters with this disease and understand my situation. Am very hopeful that once I finish with the health system I will be fine again. Thanks to all who have contacted me. It is so great to know shuffling friends “stick together” and support one another. Will see you all on the courts next season!!!!

3. Nancy MacDonald says:

Thank you for this lovely article. Glenna sure is a “star” in so many ways! Cam & I are also home awaiting Glenna’s surgery. We are praying for Glenna to have a speedy recovery. Sister Nancy MacDonald & brother-in-law, Cam MacDonald

On Thursday, November 24, 2016, The Celebration Is Over! The Adventure Begins wrote:

> stanistheman posted: ” Stan Speaks: Glenna Earle has been conspicuous by > reason of her absence as the 2016-2017 Season rolls on. Glenna is a > devoted member of the Zephyrhills Club and accordingly her absence was > critical to them. Accordingly, Club Member Earl Ball contact” >

4. Max & Ruth Tate says:

We wish you well Glenna and look forward to seeing you in Florida.

5. KEN OFFENTHER says:

GLENNA EARLE IS A TREASURE TO SHUFFLEBOARD AND TO ALL PEOPLE WHO KNOW HER.MY PRAYERS GO TO HER AND DAVID AS THEY FIGHT THIS BATTLE . I HAVE CONFIDENCE THAT ALL WILL BE WELL IN TIME. GLENNA AND I SHARE A SPECIAL MOMENT IN SHUFFLEBOARD HISTORY THAT WILL ALWAYS BIND US TOGETHER.PLEASE BE WELL

6. Pat Batdorff says:

Hi Glenna, So sorry you are having health issues. Hope all will go well for you. So many of the shufflers miss you and hope you will not miss the whole season.

7. Hello, Glenna , We do miss you,Prayers are going your way,We hope for a speedy recovery.

8. Wendy Griffin says:

Wish I could hug you in person. I love you. Get better real soon, you got this.

• Glenna & David Earle says:

Thanks WEndy. I wish we were close enough to get together but not so. Miss you and love you too. Glenna