Linda Rebholz Speaks: The Indian River League closed with Whispering Creek Shuffleboard Club winning the trophy. (Pic at top) I showcased this club in my article regarding district tournament #17. At one time they could not get enough players to participate in the League. Now they have enough players that they can rotate each week. This is what we want to see and we CONGRATULATE them on this coveted award.
Spanish Lakes Country Club again hosted the District Masters on Wednesday through Friday. With 3 days of chilly temperatures and wind, there was some very tight matches. Sally Agnello who came in 7th last year battled Dotty Koert for 1st place in the Ladies Pro division . Sally struggled and lost both games of the last match. Glynn Williams from Whispering Creek Shuffleboard Club, (which I mentioned above), took top spot for the Men’s Pro division.. Margaret Martin won 1st place in the Ladies Amateur Division. (Pic below) Margaret did not play last year but tied for 1st in 2016. Men’s Amateur division was won by Bruce Wolf; see Bruce’s pic below.
Dick Stonecipher was Tournament Director.. We wish to thank Dick and the many helpers who made this a successful Masters.
We wish everyone safe travels and a happy summer. We hope to see you in the Fall with a renewed enthusiasm for shuffleboard!
Results of CECD Masters:
WOMEN PRO DISVISION MEN’S PRO DIVISION
1.Dotty Koert 1. Glynn Williams
2. Sheri Weise 2. Rich Anderson
2. Sally Agnello 3. Tom Winkelspecht
2. Sheila Winkelspecht 3. Bob Hovatter
2. Mary Agness 5. Greg Myers
6. Jane Plumpton 6. Jack Beaudry
7. Harriet Cooper 6. Tom Plumpton
8. Suzi Christian 8. James Wyer
WOMEN’S AMATEUR DIVISION MEN’S AMATEUR DIVISION
1. Margaret Martin 1. Bruce Wolf
2. Connie Mallory 2. Greg Jones
3. Mary Mahon 3. Gary Snay
4. Belinda Jones 3. Bill Perry
4. Janice French 3.Dave Stephens
6. Carol Wolfe 6. Glenn Booker
6. Rose Williams 6. John Moshka
8. Betty Maguire 8. Ron Martin