April 14th, 2018; Storm Begins!!

Hi there Shufflers!!  Literally millions of people who live in mid southern Ontario, are preparing for extreme weather conditions!!  NO, not excessive HEAT as YOU might expect at this time of  the year; rather we are, as I type, experiencing snow and freezing rain.  The combination of snow and rain on the windshield IS NOT EASY TO REMOVE.

Given the history of freezing rain at this time of year, Lois and I, like many others purchased additional groceries, bottled water, and returned to our residence where we expect to spend a minimum of the next two days!!!    One might think, SO WHAT IS A LITTLE SNOW??  Snow is not the problem, rain freezing on the hydro (electric) lines is the problem. Power outages are the real problem. Many people have electric heat, but even if you do not, one still requires electricity to operate your gas furnace or oil??

The Weatherman tells us: “Sunday morning another round of ice pellets will move into the district, quickly changing to freezing rain later in the morning. Significant ice build up is possible on Sunday.  Power outages are possible given the significant ice buildup combined with strong and gusty winds.”

Let’s hope the weatherman is WRONG!!!  Stan McCormack.  2018 04 14

6 Responses to Most Canadians Are Anxious To Leave FL, AZ, and TX to Escape the Extreme Heat???

1. Gus Bondi says:

Don’t miss it all Stan.
    I worked outside in it most of my life.
    We don’t shovel rain in Florida……rain cleans our windshields

Sent from my iPad

2. Ken Wardley says:

Stan Just another reason to live in wonderful Alberta. We do not or extremely seldom do we ever get weather like you are experiencing Oh well Stan I really hate to see a grown man cry. We have on the buildup of snow on the banks at least 6 feet of snow, however it is going to be 12 today so hopefully a lot will disappear

About time to light the wood stove for some heat and the coal-oil lamps to read by.

Have a pleasant day

Your snow buddy, Ken

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 9:27 AM, The Celebration Is Over! The Adventure Begins wrote:

> stanistheman posted: ” Hi there Shufflers!! Literally millions of people > who live in mid southern Ontario, are preparing for extreme weather > conditions!! NO, not excessive HEAT as YOU might expect at this time of > the year; rather we are, as I type, experiencing snow and fr” >

3. Glenna says:

Please do not send that stuff in an easterly direction!!!!

4. gary pipher says:

Weather is balmy here on the shores of Georgian Bay . Beautiful sunny day , no snow or rain and I was thinking of cutting the grass later today. “NOW” if you believe that : I have a bridge I would like to sell located in Brooklyn .

5. Michael Zellner says:

Stan and my fellow Canadian Friends, That’s precisely why the Queen chose not to live there. Very very smart lady indeed. Smile

Sent from my iPhone

• Gary pipher says:

Michael : They say variety is the spice of life .
      We do get summer here and last year it came on Aug 15. But having said that , I do believe the Queen made the right choice.