ISA President Myrna Bilton Speaks: We are deeply saddened by the news of Gus Bondi’s passing on May 22nd, 2020 with his wife Marie and family by his side.
Gus was president of the ISA from 2006 – 2008. He was inducted into the ISA Hall of Fame in 2009.
Losing someone we love is never easy, but we must be thankful for the beautiful moments and memories we shared with Gus.
On behalf of the International Shuffleboard Association we keep Marie and family in our thoughts and prayers. May warm memories surround them and bring them comfort.
Our Deepest Condolences.
Myrna Bilton
ISA President

Stan Speaks: All Shufflers are saddened by Gus Bondi’s Passing. As Myrna has so aptly said, “we keep Marie and family in our thoughts and prayers. May warm memories surround them and bring them comfort.” When Gus spoke he always expressed kind remarks about his fellow Shufflers. I believe this spoke volumes regarding his character.  To demonstrate my point I am going to give you his Acceptance Remarks on the occasion of his induction into the FSA HOF and the USANSA HOF.    First the FSA: FSA HOF Gus Bondi   and now Gus Bondi Speaks     May He Rest In Peace.

Stan McCormack.       2020 05 24.  Cards may be sent to

Marie Bondi
6634 North Lake Dr.
Zephyrhills, Fl
33542

13 Responses to Gus Bondi Leaves Us. Gus Served as the ISA President, and the USNSA President. May He Rest In Peace.

1. Rosemarie ElRite says:

He will be sorely missed….,truly a great man!

2. Glenna Earle says:

So very sorry to learn about Gus’s passing. He was a good man and we in the shuffleboard community will surely miss him. Sincere condolences to Marie and family. Glenna & David

3. Tom Gionet St Cloud Shuffleboard Club says:

We send our condolences to the family of Gus Bondi he was a Great person.

4. Michael Zellner says:

I am saddened to hear of the passing of Past ISA President Gus Bondi. He was always there when called upon by Florida, USA and ISA. He was from the same little town that I grew up in Peekskill NY. My condolences to Marie and their family.

5. Jim and Beth Allen says:

So sorry to read about the passing of Gus Bondi. Gus had a sincere passion for so many things — his family, shuffleboard, the Red Sox to name a few. Our condolences are extended to Marie, their children, and the entire Bondi family during this difficult time.

6. Joseph J. Kent says:

I wish to add my condolences to a great humanItalian and great shuffler…sincerely J Kent BSC.

7. Phil and Linda Rebholz says:

Phil and I send our deepest sympathy to Marie and the family. Gus enjoyed shuffleboard and will be missed by all.

The man who said ( there is no shot to hard for me to make) will always be in our minds and hearts.

9. John d Houghtaling says:

My sincerest condolences!!!! Gus was one of my mentors who was very involved and much appreciated in helping me to become a better player!! My heart goes out to his family and wife Marie, Gus’s rock; what a lady she is!!!! May he rest in peace!!….

10. Dave and Sue Minnich says:

Sue and I give our sincere condolences to Marie and her family. Our hearts are sadden by his passing. Gus and Marie are great friends of ours and he will be sorely missed. His love for the Red Sox and my love for the Yankees made for great conversations. Prayers for you, Marie.

11. Dieter & Birgitt Hussmann & the members of the German Shuffleboard Association says:

We are so sad to hear of Gus’ passing. We first met in 2006 in Lakeside, Ohio, on the occasion of our first participation in the ISA World Championship. Since then, Gus has been a great supporter of our young association. He always encouraged us to continue and promote Shuffleboard, especially in Europe.
    This is how he used to end his emails:
    “If a shot has to be made
    I can make it
    If I can’t make it
    Nobody can make it”
    We will never forget him.

Our sincerest condolences to Marie and her family.

12. Pingback: Good Wednesday Morning!! AND MORE!!! We Offer You Tips!! | Your Source for Shuffleboard News

13. Arlene & Bob Guerrini says:

Bob and I give our most sincere sympathy To Marie and family. We have many warm memories in the past with Gus and Marie. Sharing in the memory of a very special person, Gus Rest In Peace … sharing very deeply in your sorrow Marie!