THE CENTRAL DISTRICT OF THE FSA, WOODBROOK ESTATES, IS ONCE AGAIN HOSTING A DISTRICT AM TOURNAMENT!!!!!! 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND!!
Posted on 2014-01-03 by stanistheman
See The Woodbrook Park Add in the PREVIEW on page 112.
Click on pix to expand. Shuffleboard Club President George Landon will welcome you, as will Georgetown Club President Howard Rupert. Howard is in “red”.
1) First and foremost, we are looking forward to a Good Time on Jan 9th beginning at 08:30 for our UNIQUE OPENING!! We are especially looking for Shufflers new to the game! We want to show you just how much enjoyment you can experience!! If you have never played in a District Tournament, you are especially welcome, providing of course you have the basics of the game!!
2) We will have John Meikle on the Bagpipes!! A FIRST FOR SHUFFLEBORD IN the USA!! That is John on your left, practising in the park to the delight of his neighbours!! (A “must” to click on!!)
3) We will have a talented choir from Woodbrook sing The National Anthems of both Canada and the United States. Click on pic to clearly see the singers!!
4) Woodbrook Shuffleboard Past President Wilma McLung will carry the American Flag! Donna Wood will carry the Canadian Flag!
5) Our Woodbrook First Vice President, Alfie Mangan will offer a brief prayer.
6) WE will have Central District Past President David Earle address the Group.
7) We will have The Senior District Tournament Director, Lorraine Pollock, and the STATE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR Glenn Monroe offer remarks!! The Tournament is jointly hosted by Woodbrook and Georgetown, another first as far as we know, and thus the need for two TDs.
8) We will have Good Food courtesy of Park Manager Jared Chaesebro & the Woodbrook Club. Hot Dogs, Chips, Dessert and Soft Drinks and Water!!! (Jared is on the right in pic.)
9) WE will have great prize money courtesy of COMFORT COVERS AND BRIGHTHOUSE, as well as money from your entrance fee!! Both sponsors have once again been generous.
10) WE will have Coffee & Donuts, Pop/Soda/Water & Desserts!! ALL WITHOUT COST TO THE PLAYERS!!
If you are a State Am or a Pro (both shuffling at Sanlan) why not share this information with a District Am???
Each player must pay $6.00 entry fee as required by the Florida Shuffleboard Association. (FSA)
Event Organizers, Stan McCormack and Gary Pipher. 2014 01 03.
Woodbrook Estates: 1510 Ariana St. Lakeland, FL 33803 (for GPS) Enter off Woodbrook and take the first left turn to the Courts. See Park entrance at top.